Guarantee of Land, Food, Livelihood
• No to Corporate land grab and land acquisition without prior consent; social and environmental impact assessment and fair compensation and rehabilitation for land- and livelihood-losers; protection of fertile, forest and coastal land.
• Ensure Minimum Support Prices for farmers and subsidised irrigation, power, fertilisers and easy and cheap credit to reenergise agriculture and end farmers’ distress and farmers’ suicides
• Stop retrograde changes in Food Security law, scrap APL/BPL and universalise food security; no to slashing of budget for ICDS
• Stop moves to dismantle MNREGA and other welfare schemes
• Curb price rise in all essential commodities
Affordable, Quality, Equitable Education
Affordable, Quality Healthcare and Housing
• Ensure right to housing, power, water and sanitation, as well as social security and pensions for all.
Pro-people Economic Policies
• Reduce excise duties on petro-products and bring down fuel prices
• No to FDI in insurance, defense and multi-brand retail, disinvestment in PSUs and privatization of natural resources like coal; expand public investment in social and physical infrastructure, stop covert expansion of private monopolies via PPP mode in crucial infrastructure sector.
• Promotion of small and medium enterprises with an accent on employment generation
Removing Corruption, Scams and Black Money
• Make public the names of all those with black money stashed in Swiss banks, bring this money back to the country to be used for public welfare, and plug every route (like Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement with Mauritius) for the daily outflow of black money.
Employment with Dignity and Rights
• Enact a Right to Employment and Sustenance Act with provisions for unemployment allowance, and allowances for widow, old-age and persons with disabilities.
• Recognise artisans, craftsmen, including those in self employment in the informal and unorganised sector with a single identity card enabling them to avail all special benefits in housing, health and education.
• Heed the demands of ongoing struggles against nuclear projects, big dams and other anti-people projects; stop dilution of nuclear suppliers’ liability and expansion of nuclear power; explore sustainable energy alternatives.
Freedom from Communal and Casteist Violence
• Punish sponsors and perpetrators of all cases of caste massacres, communal pogroms, custodial killings and rapes. End the inordinate delay in justice process and compensation for the victims of 1984 anti-Sikh and 2002 Gujarat pogroms; as well as victims of massive caste- communal massacres of Bathanitola, Laxmanpur Bathe, Tsundure, Hashimpura and other such atrocities.
Defending Democratic Rights: Scrapping Draconian Laws, Rejecting Communal and Racist Profiling
• Take stringent measures to put an end to rampant custodial torture and killings and the witch-hunt of minority youth and adivasis in the name of combating terrorism
• Withdraw false cases and release activists and innocent people who have been languishing in jail
• Enact a law against racist discrimination and violence.
Reforms in Police and Army
• Institute an Army Reforms Commission; restrict use of army internally to humanitarian purposes, not internal security; thorough study of adverse effects on army organisations due to prolonged deployment in internal security in last two decades; reforms in army service conditions, welfare and rehabilitation.
Ensuring Women's Freedom and Autonomy, Rights and Dignity of all Gender Identities and Expressions
• Scrap Section 377 and ensure equal rights and dignity for lesbian, gay, transgender and queer people; implement the Supreme Court’s recommendation of recognition and welfare measures for transgender people.
Rights, Justice, Dignity and Welfare of Oppressed Castes, Nationalities and Minorities
• Ensure proper implementation of Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme and redesigning of Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MSDP) to deliver benefits to the smaller concentration of target groups, make public and implement the Kundu committee recommendations on diversity index.
• Instituting an Equal Opportunity Commission.
Safeguarding Citizen's Right to Privacy
Statehood and Autonomy